The Kaeser Breathing Air System (KBS) is a complete purification system. It is designed to remove contaminants such as moisture, solid particles, oil or oil vapors, carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons from normal compressed air. The KBS meets all quality requirements and international standards such as OSHA, CSA, ISO 12021 and DIN 3188.
The KBS employs five treatment stages:
- Prefilter removes fluid droplets, dust, dirt, rust, oil and other particles larger than 1 µm. Filter includes electronic condensate drain
- Microfilter removes particles and aerosols down to 0.01 µm. Filter also includes electronic condensate drain.
- Heatless regenerating desiccant dryer removes water vapor and carbon dioxide, drying the air to a pressure dew point of -40°F.
- Catalytic converter removes carbon monoxide.
- Activated carbon filter removes hydrocarbon vapors and brings breathing air to legal requirements.